The wonders of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore await you in your time off if you are ready to jump on board and join Raytheon Solipsys, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company, an industry leader in the development of integrated C4I Network Centric Defense System solutions for both domestic and international defenses.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager who is ready to share their talents planning, coordinating and directing organizational quality activities to ensure compliance with company and customer-specific policies, requirements, specifications, and standards. The sSQAM serves as the key focal point for Solipsys customers and associated Programs/Products
regarding all matters associated with quality and process compliance. They provide management support, supervision and oversight of the company’s Quality Assurance function and work collaboratively with management to ensure the appropriate resources are available to maintain a robust quality environment.
Key position responsibilities include:
• In collaboration with Engineering, establish, maintain and oversee the organizations metrics collection and reporting
• Provide guidance to the organization’s functional areas on the application of metrics to support continuous process improvement
• Responsible for reporting metrics to Leadership Team and if required performing trend analysis on QA measures
• Escalate issues, per policy and procedure as necessary
• Establish and maintain a Basis of Estimate (BOE) or other planning and scheduling documents with each group supported to outline what QA activities are performed, including planned and actual hours per activity and planned and actual dates of accomplishment
• Provide status of organization quality activities to Leadership Team
• Support independent external audit of the organization’s Quality Management System
Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible 9/80 work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k) retirement plans, paid holidays and paid time off. You continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of
achieving noteworthy distinctions through thought and teamwork where, every day, you work with extraordinary engineers empowered for excellence.
In addition, the Fulton worksite is just a short drive away from the major historical, cultural, sporting and social events that both Baltimore and D.C. provide on a year-round basis.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
• 8+ years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance and familiarity with software development processes and the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for Software Development
• 8+ years’ experience auditing processes and procedures used in the development of Software and Systems
• Software verification and validation experience
• Leadership and direct supervisory experience
• Witness/verify acceptance and integration testing
• Recommending corrective actions/risks
• Able to travel 10% throughout domestic US to support test events
• Currently holds a Secret Clearance
B.S. – Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Technical Discipline
• Clear and effective communicator
• Proficiency with management presentations
• Ability to work independently
• CMMI, Six Sigma, ISO Certification and experience desired
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• able to work in a team setting with all levels of the organization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) computer software applications
• Strong team player - pursuing fault resolution as a team support and facilitation role
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.