full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Mobile Software Engineer to join our team in the Bethesda, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer.
· Engineer software scripts in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API extraction.
· Research and provide suggested solutions for system and/or application issues.
· Collaborate with NMEC Technical Exploitation teams to define clear requirements, performance specifications, deliverables, and milestones for applications.
· Debug mobile applications' memory and performance issues. Such as use Android trace view tool to identify performance bottlenecks.
· Provide malicious code reverse engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks.
· Write and produce technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the malicious software suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Research new trends, techniques, and packaging of malicious software to stay current and ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits.
· Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution.
· Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management and Government decision makers.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in job offered or as Software Engineer/Developer, Application Engineer/Developer or closely related occupation. Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least four (4) years of related experience.
· Must be 8570 Compliant, IAT Level I.
· Experience requiring a deep knowledge of Android and a strong passion in mobile industry and mobile development.
· Experience in mobile web technologies (HTMLS, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON) preferred.
· Experience in wireless API's (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) preferred.
· Experience requiring the ability to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-through, bugs, thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
· Experience requiring the ability to effectively handle multiple simultaneous projects, manage time and priorities.
· Experience efficiently implementing new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code.
· Experience developing/designing mobile phone platforms highly desired.
· Experience requiring a working knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices.
· Must have 2 years’ experience with reverse engineering software packages such as IDA Pro, IDA Python PyDbg, or OllyDbg, as well as computer forensic software packages such as Encase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy.
· Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems, and/or boot process software engineering.
· Working experience in software engineering and related technologies,
· Experience in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using iOS and/or Android development environments.
· Experience in engineering on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and iOS.
· Experience requiring a knowledge of designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size.
· Experience requiring excellent debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Experience with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java) is required. A strong mix is needed, with experience in C, C++ or Objective C and Java or C# a minimum requirement.
· Experience requiring the ability to engineer applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development.
· Proven track record of mobile application development.
· Experience with two or more IDEs environments and tool sets (i.e. Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode)
· Experience investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyberattack methods.
· Experience requiring strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Contractor personnel shall be required to complete and pass a written test, prior to beginning work on the contract.
· Must possess an active TS/SCI, and will be subject to a CI Polygraph.