Software Developer/Application Engineer? Senior (Job Number:437658)
SAIC is seeing a Software Developer / Application Engineer who will develop, test, deploy, maintain, and advance software solutions used to automate exploitation processes and workflows.
Job Tasks and Description:
- Build and update scripts, Graphic User Interfaces (GUIs), and applications that are used in the internal work flow and processes management of forensic laboratory operations.
- Create and maintain network programming initiatives to streamline emerging technologies while also securing new and existing systems.
- Develop and operate relational databases and associated architecture.
- Modernize and maintain software and processes used in the technical exploitation process.
- Maintain code repository and code documentation.
- Use leadership and examiner inputs to design or redesign, develop, test, and implement complex software programs and applications.
- Provide technical support and expertise testing applications, responding to customer feedback, installations, maintenance, and provide presentations and demonstrations.
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs and applications.
- Responsible for existing software in addition to new developments.
- Perform debugging, testing, code improvement, and re-designing tasks.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI security clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of recent experience
- Able to perform complex analysis, design, and modification of applications and databases, as well as evaluation of new hardware and software.
- Able to monitor and improve database performance and capacity, while planning for future expansion requirements.
- Experience with data-driven applications, manipulating data, and leveraging database systems required.
- Experience supporting application development deployed into existing applications as plug-ins as well as cloud environments required.
- Experience developing and managing a cloud-computing framework that fuses multiple disparate datasets in support of complex analytics required.
- Experience enriching, normalizing and merging unaligned datasets into analytically ready data, in order to derive useable intelligence.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional team comprising analysts, database administrators, developers and system engineers in order to accomplish organizational goals.
- Fluency in a modern programming language: Java, C#, Python, Scala or Ruby required. \
- Experience with managing and advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL).
- Proficiency in Python and Java Script.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, such as Java, C/C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Pearl, or mongoDB.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and cloud systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Knowledge in HTML/CSS and REST API's.
- Experience in Mongo DB.
- Experience in Flask and Angular 2.
- Expert in implementing successful high-performance multithreaded server application.
- Able to identify and apply the appropriate design and integration patterns to solve complex issues.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 4:14:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-NC-FORT BRAGG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job