Cloud Technology Engineer (Job Number:439078)
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self- provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op.
- Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under general direction on routine work.
- May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily internal company contacts.
- Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
- 3+ years of experience in MS Azure cloud architecture or Google Cloud or AWS, operations, DevOps, or administration
- Experience with cloud automation and scripting
- Experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- US Citizenship is required
- Must have Secret and able to obtain a TS/SCI DoD clearance
- Location: Washington DC, with travel up to 25%
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred
- 1+ years of experience with other cloud platforms, e.g., Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP strongly preferred
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 3:56:11 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job