For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production, and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, mastering new production techniques, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We?re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and the leader in our category. Such leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in our world-class food production standards.
Our Product Supply Team is seeking a Processing Equipment Specialist, who will be a subject matter expert and uphold a safety-first mindset as you set out to help manage all processing/production equipment for our wet and dry factories. The team will depend on you to develop and implement a preventive and predictive maintenance program to improve the performance of all mechanical production equipment within our Purina facilities. You?ll work closely with factory workers, including operators and maintenance mechanics, while collaborating with our Technical Applications Group (TAG), Product Technology Center (PTC) and Co-Manufacturing groups in North America. Prepare to have your hands in everything involving processing equipment, which includes appearance, operation, maintenance, inspections, repairs and rebuilds.
This position will offer you an exciting opportunity to travel extensively to our factories throughout the U.S., however, the impact you?ll make in the pet care industry has global reach. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Provide technical assistance to operating facilities. Includes planning/implementing investigation and analysis in problem areas or areas of opportunity for process improvement. Requires ability to collaborate with and contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Provide Mechanical Expertise to support repairs and rebuilds of existing processing equipment within our Pet Food and Treat Production facilities
- Assist in the development/modification of department technical guidelines, standards, and specifications in the area of specialty.
- Coach and help all plants on instituting proper and effective Preventive Maintenance programs for the processing equipment
- Help develop One Point Lessons (OPLs), Standards and Standard Routines for all processing equipment and facilitate training of all supervisors, operators, and mechanics to run the machines efficiently and effectively
- Requires coordination of work by outside consultants and suppliers, broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, and an understanding of principles and practices in related specialties.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Associates Degree AND 3+ years maintenance experience working with multiple types of processing/production equipment and systems in the consumer products industry or military environment
- 1+ years of leadership and/or coaching experience
- Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering?Mechanical, Industrial, or Related Applied Engineering Field AND 2+ years? of technical experience working with multiple types of processing/production equipment and systems in the consumer products industry or military environment
- 1+ yrs of leadership and/or coaching experience
Able and willing to travel at minimum 50-60% of the time
To our veterans and separated service members?you?re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you?ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you?ll consider sharing in our mission?you?ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran