Nestle USA (www.nestlejobs.com)
SUPPLY CHAIN at NESTLE:
At Nestlé USA, our Supply Chain team is driven by the desire to deliver world-class service and support to our trusted retail partners. Inspired by our company?s four key Ways of Winning ? Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage, Nestlé?s Supply Chain professionals strive to efficiently and effectively distribute our products ?wherever and whenever? needed while fulfilling our commitments and delivering outstanding value to our customers.
Responsible for the development and management of sourcing strategies for local categories and subcategories. Directly supports the execution of Nestlé?s 7-Step Strategic Souring Process in the North American market enabling value generation through cost improvements to Nestlé business units. Identifies and implements cost improvement projects while supporting the tracking of ensure supply and responsible sourcing compliance.
% OF TIME
? Nestlé 7 Step Strategic Sourcing Process Implementation (Self and Team) 50%
- Analyze, consolidate and rationalize market spend to highest practical category level across Nestlé North America Business Units.
- Collect and review all current local and regional contracts and price agreements.
- Engages with Nestlé Global Business Service to prepare and execute the Request for Proposal while ensuring the supplier's acknowledgement of the Nestlé Supplier Code.
- Lead change management activities that supports the sourcing strategy and facilitate execution to drive compliance.
- Manage Frame and Child contracts in the Contract Life Management tool based on annual volumes by material/plant based on the coverage model.
- Ensure supply by continued development of incumbent and new supply options on an on-going basis.
? Financial support for Budget, Price Forecasting and other financial activities for Procurement Finance and Business Units 20%
- Manage yearly budget process for owned category, including Master Business Schedule and First Look requests, according to the financial cycle established.
- Generate monthly price forecast reports to meaningful level of spend (may be spend category, sub category, spec or material as appropriate).
- Analyze the current forecast to previously forecast prices and prepare commentary on evolution of category including base material price drivers.
- Execute various initiatives to provide additional value for Working Capital (Cash Flow).
? Ensure Supply, Responsible Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Savings Tracking 15%
- Discover and deliver alternate sources of supply ensuring business continuity and sustainability while minimizing business risk.
- Engage suppliers to conduct Responsible Sourcing audits based on established guidelines and objectives.
- Execution and management of the SRM program for category specific suppliers and documents the action items and delivered additional value to the business units.
- Manage and maintain savings projects in the project tracking tool attaching documentation based on cost savings calculation guidelines and follow-up with business partners and finance for obtaining validation of savings projects.
? Interface and Work with Functional Leadership Teams within the Nestlé Organization ? Including Business Partner Network and above market teams. 10%
- Engage leadership teams of supplier quality compliance at a category level
- Deliver innovation, exclusivity and first market opportunities to functional areas.
- Manage Supplier Facing Supply Chain initiatives for assigned categories and within team to validate ideas and project opportunities with the supply base.
- Collaborate with business units to develop and secure category sourcing strategy approvals across functional leadership.
- Deliver value through cost and process improvement initiatives to multiple Business Units in accordance to targets.
? Other duties as assigned. 5%
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Category Leader, Category Manager or Head of Procurement. General direction and delegation from team members that the Specialist supports. Formal and informal feedback given on a periodic basis.
Accountable for assisting in the achievement of cost improvement targets for relevant categories, while supporting ensuring supply and appropriate cost and supply risk management strategies. Assist with reporting savings in IPA as appropriate.