full-time employee contract
ManTech is multi-billion-dollar public company
that provides the innovation, adaptability, and critical thinking our
government needs for success in health, science, defense, intelligence, law
enforcement, and other fields. ManTech is seeking a person to work in an
energetic military medical research organization. You will work with senior
epidemiologists and bio-statisticians, physicians and military personnel, to
design, execute, analyze, and report epidemiological studies of military
personnel. This position requires US citizenship.
· Management and supervision of
analysts, epidemiologic study design, database and statistical programming
requires advanced skills in using SAS and graphical packages.
· Substantial experience analyzing
datasets and conducting epidemiologic analyses of computerized datasets using
standard packages to import, update, and manipulate datasets.
· Experience with statistical techniques
including random selection of matched controls in case control studies,
survival analysis, analysis of variance and covariance, analysis of repeated
measures, correlation, linear, logistic, and Poisson regression, and
calculation of odds ratios, relative risk, p-values, interval estimation, and
sample size and power estimations.
· Experience in epidemiologic study design
and execution. Skills are required to develop and deliver division analytical
reports and oral/visual presentations to professional groups, as well as
publish manuscripts in peer reviewed journals. Travels to meetings and
conferences when necessary.
· Conduct quality review, data cleaning,
merging, and extraction of relevant information from multiple large data
· Produce clear and concise written
reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze epidemiological
· Conduct literature and abstract searches
from conferences regarding changes in epidemiological methods.
· Be an active, willing and cooperative
partner with other members of project teams.
· Be prepared to develop independent
skills on entire cycle of studies from study design to execution (defining
study goals, generating study proposals, gathering specifications, developing
statistical analysis methods and algorithms, generating computer programs,
producing output reports and writing the summaries of study findings).
· Master?s degree in epidemiology, public
health, or statistics, with coursework in epidemiology, study design and
analysis (through logistic regression methods).
· Over 6 years? experience of
conducting/directing advanced statistical analyses to support medical and
healthcare research projects
· Must have a strong working knowledge of
SAS, Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Must be able to manage categorical
data, as well as clustered data and develop models using longitudinal methods,
multivariate analyses, repeated measures, and other advanced multivariate
statistical analyses. Additional training in economic analytical modeling in a
medical environment is highly desirable.
· Should be familiar with clinical
decision software to explore the effects of discounting, variations in clinical
assumptions, and other aspects of sensitivity analysis.
· Excellent English verbal and written
communication skills needed to keep research team informed of progress and
changes in status of work.
· Must be able to work on multiple
projects at the same time.
· Must be able to interpret and apply
statistical techniques, and to explain methods and findings to non-statistician
research team members.
· Training or experience in developing
predictive models for success/failure in large populations using risk factors
of various strength and positive predictive value very useful.
· Please provide writing sample (article,
manuscript, research paper, etc).
Strong communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation, consensus-building,
and analytical skills with the ability to work successfully in cross functional
teams in an organized, fast paced environment while meeting time sensitive
deadlines is a must.
· Analytical and Critical Thinking
· Oral and Written Communication
· Ability to handle stress and work well
· Multi-Tasking Ability
· Leadership Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Interpersonal and People Skills
· Experience in epidemiological or public
· Knowledge of military structure and
medical systems or military experience.
· Demonstrated experience working in
complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness.
· Proven ability to solve intellectual
problems of appreciable variety and complexity using originality and
ability to exercise appreciable latitude for independent judgment and action.
Knowledge or exposure to statistical analysis