General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and develops information processing hardware, computer systems and electrical components.
Direct knowledge and experience of vendor specific equipment required. General network knowledge is important. Ability to monitoring and support VTC Infrastructure equipment and endpoints. Monitoring and working of Service Requests or Incidents within VTC Queue will be a daily task. Engineer will conduct monthly back-ups of infrastructure devices, firmware updates as needed, and monthly VTC usage reports for customer awareness. Engineer may assist in creating dedicated VMR's or future scheduled meetings for the enterprise. Engineer will assist with VTC design and procurement of new requirements and/or upgrades. Engineer will work directly with customer and Tier 3 personnel on VTC roadmap, to fulfill future goals. Engineer should be a leader and a self-starter.
1. Conducts complex research, design, development and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems and electrical components.
2. Designs new products and/or modifies existing products.
3. Develops technical specifications for production.
4. Analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions.
5. Tests hardware performance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced hardware engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
7. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
8. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related hardware engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.