Scientific Technical Writer (Job Number:439003)
SAIC is seeking a technical writer to join the Identity and Data Sciences Laboratory (IDSL) for a current program supported by the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate (DHS S&T). The IDSL works with state of the art biometric technologies, including facial recognition, applying them to new use cases for traveler screening and inspection. The IDSL staffs the Maryland Test Facility (MdTF; http://mdtf.org) and carries out large-scale technology testing on behalf of DHS S&T. The candidate will help organize, document and communicate research findings from a multi-disciplinary team composed of software engineers, data scientists, behavioral scientists and systems engineers to technical and non-technical audiences. This position is based in Upper Marlboro, MD. Up to 10% travel is expected within the continental US.
- Assist with creating comprehensive documentation for technical and scientific work performed by the team.
- Collaborate with technical management to develop a robust and efficient process for generating scientific and technical deliverable documents.
- Follow the process to perform review and editing of team customer deliverables and presentations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS and 2+ years of hands-on experience -OR-
- MS in the following areas:
- Advanced skills in MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to understand technical/scientific writing and translate into plain language.
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Experience generating technical documentation such as software or device functional documentation.
- Experience translating engineering/scientific jargon into plain language for executive-level government customers.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2018, 2:40:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-UPPER MARLBORO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job