Tier II NOC support Analyst (Job Number:438789)
- Support the operations of a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (NOC).
- The position is responsible for conducting monitoring of several thousand virtual and physical network components and systems for health and performance issues.
- Maintains, and repairs routing, IP switching, firewalls, and remote access issues. Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity.
- Creates reports on up time, bandwidth usage, server utilization, and other key metrics.
- Monitors automated and end user incident and outage reporting, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. Provide direct customer support when required.
- Strong belief in ownership, from identification, through resolution and validation of Operational issues. Follow defined escalation paths to ensure proper resolution.
- Provides tier NOC Tier 1/2 support to investigate and resolve problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues which will require shift work or after hours call- in to meet customer SLAs.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain a US ?Public Trust? clearance.
- AA Degree in related discipline.
- Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
- 2+years of IT experience.
- 2+ years networking experience.
- Experience with ITIL methodology; specifically Event, Incident, Request and Change management principles and tracking systems.
- Collaborating in a team atmosphere; communicating through various technology channels with teams and end customers locally or remote.
- Experience in some of the following: Cisco Nexus, Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Avaya System Management, Cisco Prime.
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking, VPN, F5 load balancers, acceleration, servers/storage, file, print, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, VTC, video streaming, power management, Cisco Prime/CiscoWorks, HP NNMi/OpenView, SolarWinds Orion, Cisco Unified Call Manager, Avaya System Management, back-office applications, scripting.
? ITILŪ Foundation Level Certification Previous experience supporting and troubleshooting IOS, network and appliance issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals.
- Cisco CCENT or Network +, CCNA, Security+ Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures).
- Experience with Cisco/Tandberg VTC, Cisco ISE, Juniper L2 switches Experience and certifications on Microsoft or Linux server, data center storage Experience with implementation of IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management is strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving.
- Experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of network and systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2018, 8:49:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-BROOMFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Night Job