At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we?re a ?safety first? culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. Forklift Operators at our new Hartwell, GA factory are the real movers of our plant as they facilitate the transfer of finished product through the distribution system, while ensuring product integrity and superior customer service.
As a Forklift Operator, you will perform a variety of tasks within our warehouse including loading trucks, unloading trucks, case picking product, and staging finished product as it is released from our packing area. Successful candidates must maintain a great attendance record and must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Operate forklift and perform all job duties in a productive manner, demonstrating initiative and involvement and maintaining adequate levels of productivity, utilization, and efficiency
- Load proper quantities of quality, damage free product, in a safe manner and distributes the weight of the product in a proper manner
- Uses the proper paperwork and the radio-frequency (RF) equipment to complete tasks
- Unload product as directed while visually inspecting and identifying any damaged and defective goods
- Knowledge of all finished product and RF systems to facilitate a proper rotation of stock using the FIFO (First In First Out) method
- Performs daily maintenance check of forklift operation using appropriate systems and reports repair needs
- Keeps operating areas clean and in orderly condition according to food safety standards
- Create case pick pallets/loads of mixed product as needed
- Adjust weights on over-weight trailers as needed
- Performs maintenance and consolidation of product bins as needed in the Warehouse
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner, abiding by all safety rules and policies
- Participate in all Nestle Purina programs and initiatives
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High school diploma or GED
1+ years of forklift experience within a high volume distribution center, manufacturing or military environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Previous experience utilizing a slip-sheet forklift attachment
Previous experience utilizing a push-pull forklift attachment
Previous experience utilizing RF scan guns and/or computer based inventory systems
To our veterans and separated service members?you?re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you?ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you?ll consider sharing in our mission?you?ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran