Who we are looking for:
The Software Engineer at CarMax works side by side with the marketing and product groups to help deliver innovative solutions. You enjoy continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing, service resiliency, system stability, and release management. You are also passionate about using technology to solve business problems, enjoy helping customers, and have excellent communication skills!
The Day to Day:
• Provision, configure and maintain cloud resources including server instances, load balancers, security groups, DNS management, certificates through code
• Design, develop, and triage CI/CD pipelines
• Proven ability to plan and deliver small to medium sized projects in a timely fashion
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Actively lead the availability, resilience and scalability of your solutions
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Clearly communicate and document technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
• Monitors server and application performance and recommends changes as needed.
• Develops and promotes standard operations documentation such as procedures, checklists and instructions
• Manage and maintain development and production systems
What we are really looking for:
• Experience working as a Software Engineer or similar role
• Development experience with Powershell. Additional programming languages, such as C#, Ruby, or Python are a bonus.
• Two years of experience managing and configuring Azure/AWS services (PaaS, IaaS) with scripts
• Experience with working with GitHub or similar distributed source control tool
• Experience deploying applications in both Windows (IIS, Windows Services) and Linux environments.
• Experience with build and deployment tools such as TeamCity or equivalent build tools (e.g., Jenkins)
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
• Experience with monitoring tools, such as Splunk or AppDynamics a plus
• Experience working with DevOps tools and Configuration Management – Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Powershell DSC
Education and/or Experience:
• 6+ years of application infrastructure experience such as IIS Administration, etc.
4-year degree in IT related course of study