Java Developer (Job Number:439337)
Development of web applications using modern web technologies within a Microservices architecture using Agile development for a DOD customer.
Job Description: The developer will possess a strong problem solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to meet dynamic, fast- paced development cycles. The developer will be strong in web development with a belief that the software engineering “process” is as important as the technology. The developer will be a member of an Agile development team involved in the entire software development lifecycle, interfacing refactored capabilities with existing legacy system. Located in San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities of the developer will include:
- Designing and developing technology solutions that are capable of integrating with other components.
- Participating in detailed object-oriented analysis and design.
- Working with team members to review use cases for development.
- Supporting a range of “legacy” and modern browsers.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of development team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related major. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Able to understand scripting (e.g. shell script, perl, python, etc...)
- 2+ years of recent experience developing within Microservices or MVC architecture patterns.
- 2+ years of recent experience with object-oriented programming.
- 2+ years of recent experience with writing unit tests and using JUnit or Selenium.
- 2+ years of recent experience working on a team with four or more developers.
- US Citizen
- Able to obtain a Secret clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 27, 2018, 11:00:41 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job