Acquisition System Engineer (Job Number:439431)
SAIC has an exciting opportunity for a Specialty Engineer in Crystal City, VA that requires expertise in a variety of engineering topics. These topics include, but are not limited to, having knowledge in the following: major weapon system acquisition processes and timelines; anti- tamper (AT) techniques and procedures; micro- electronics (ME) design and chip manufacturing processes; supply-chain risk management issues and mitigation techniques; and, cyber-related issues (e.g., cyber security, cyber agility, etc.). Additionally, contractor shall be able to perform basic project planning and management functions (e.g., producing monthly status reports (MSRs) and financial management reports), and documenting meeting minutes and related technical analyses (e.g., feasibility analyses, technical assessments).
- Analyze data needs for application development, enhancements and reports; document data requirements; assist with creating reports.
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Create scenarios, test cases, and other documentation to assist with testing. When necessary, oversee or test applications to assure functionality and effectiveness in performing to desired specifications.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through automation or other means; assist in the preparation of proposals, performance work statements, task orders, etc. to develop new solutions or processes.
- Interface with government, industry, and FFRDC members to determine system needs and requirements; define system requirements; review impact of system modifications on existing systems.
- Analyze impact of technical solutions and technical processes on business processes; document current and future processes impacted by system / solution design.
- Define client needs and assist with developing a plan/proposal for delivery of project.
- Analyze organizational goals and objectives and offer solutions based on best practices to produce measurable and sustainable performance improvements.
- Participate in, or lead, organizational strategic planning activities.
- Provide on-going strategic and tactical support to the customer on organizational portfolios, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with all levels of customers and stakeholders throughout the Department of Defense.
- Conduct research on existing organizational processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with ability to obtain Polygraph.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field and 8 additional years of experience -OR-
- An Associate's degree and 6 additional years of experience
- Demonstrate the ability to self-start, work independently, and work well with a team.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, documents, and papers, to include conceptual and analytical reports for clients.
- Exhibit a very high level of attention to detail.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 7:59:08 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job