District of Columbia
Tier 1 Service Desk (All Shifts) (Job Number:439566)
SAIC is looking for a Tier 1 Service Desk Technician position will be heavily focused in a customer-facing role that works in a high-paced operational environment and is responsible for the initial triage of customer incidents or service requests.The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division provides mission critical mobile device (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry) and remote access (Citrix-based) capabilities to over 60,000 customers worldwide. In support of these services, MRA and the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program currently has an opening for a Tier 1 Service Desk Technician who will provide world- class customer service and technical support via phone, in-person and/or other communication mediums. The Tier 1 Service Desk Team is part of a larger Operations Team, which is composed of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 Technicians who work across three shifts (Days, Swings, and Midnight) 24x7x365.
Description of Duties:
- Provide professional phone and/or in-person technical support to customers with the goal of resolving customer-reported issues upon first contact.
- Monitor phone call queue and answer phone calls in a prompt manner to minimize customer wait times.
- Monitor Remedy Ticket queue (and Queue Monitor) and update tickets assigned on a daily basis; document all incidents and service request tickets in ITSM tool (Remedy) to ensure customers are provided with the latest status/update, progress, and resolution of their request.
- Triage and troubleshoot all mobile device and remote access BlackBerry, iPhone/iPad, Android, Global OpenNet (GO), and Surface Pro issues.
- Provide customers with step-by-step instructions on how-to configure and/or troubleshoot device- related or remote access-related issues.
- Prioritize and respond to all High/Critical and/or VIP-related incidents or service requests first and escalate to Shift Lead and/or Tier 2 Systems Teams, as needed.
- Actively participate in Shift Turnover activities to ensure awareness of ongoing operational issues (Domestic or Overseas), VIP-related issues, and/or planned/unplanned outages/system changes that may impact MRA (or other IRM-related) services.
- Process new mobile or remote access service enrollment requests and/or service account requests from Remedy and/or MRA Management System (MRAMS).
- Add/Change account information in Active Directory, BlackBerry, and/or Citrix/XenMobile related systems; perform BlackBerry/XenMobile mobile device activations and re-activations.
- Perform Citrix/RSA PIN resets and/or soft token pushes to mobile devices.
- Escalate all customer reported issues and/or potential system- related problems to Shift Lead and/or Operations Manager.
- Escalate any un-resolved technical issues that are more complex in nature to Tier 2 Systems Team.
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), Guides, Templates, and Policies used to support and manage MRA Operations daily activities.
- The Tier 1 Service Desk Technician may perform the required duties (listed above) at either SA-09 or in the IT MART (walk-in support center) located in the Harry S. Truman (HST) Building; both locations are in Washington DC.
For Tier 1 Service Desk Technicians who support the IT MART, the following duties below are also expected given the in-person support aspect:
- Perform in-person mobile device (and remote access) troubleshooting / configuration / provisioning actions with customers.
- Provide customers with a brief introduction of how-to use their mobile device.
Must be open to all shifts*
- Associates Degree in related technical discipline with 1 years of experience, or, HS and 2 years
- Customer service- related skills.
- Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
- Self- motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance prior to starting
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, iOS or Android platforms, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry 10 and 12, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- Basic knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Experience with mobile device solutions.
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 28, 2018, 2:35:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job