Senior Java Developer (Job Number:439751)
SAIC is looking for a Senior Java Integration Engineer to join our team supporting our customer the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY. This position will reside on the team working with the Boards, Evaluation and Promotions program. This program is responsible for the development of systems that manage soldier evaluations, promotions and other processes that drive a soldier’s career. The Senior Java Integration Engineer will be part of a team that is responsible for the upkeep of several Spring MVC applications as well as many REST/SOAP based services. The engineer will primarily make use of established testing frameworks such as SoapUI and Selenium to create Unit/Synthetic tests for new and existing projects. This position is contingent on contract award which is expected in September 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities: Provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance. Assists with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations. Support user training, as required. Contributes to or develops technical documentation. Contribute to technical presentations. Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks. Candidate must compile with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- 5+ years design, development, and testing java applications.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience implementing testing frameworks such as Selenium, Junit and SoapUI.
- Experience translating customer requirements to automated tests.
- Ability to track and report on testing results data.
- Ability to interface with clients, gather requirements and consult on technology direction
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Ability to mentor and lead junior and mid-level developers.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements
- DOD Secret Clearance Required to begin, an interim Secret is acceptable to start work.
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification is required to begin work.
- Experience with Java Application Frameworks such as Spring(Boot, Core Data, MVC, Security)
- Experience with DevOps concepts such as Continuous Integration, Agile, Lean and others
- Experience with Maven or Gradle and its lifecycles
- Experience with jQuery, Angular or other modern JS Frameworks
- Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere or any other Java servers
- Understanding of SSL setups, Public Key Infrastructure and Public Key Enabling Applications
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2018, 1:28:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job