Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies.All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber,data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet
their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS)Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Security Analyst in New Jersey, NJ area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s
success is driving our growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support a multi-faceted dynamic cyber security program.
- Provide subject matter expertise in cyber security and Windows/Linux based systems
to support diverse line departments within the agency.
- Establish good relationships with management and staff. Communicate and coordinate
security efforts to ensure that The Port Authority includes security awareness in its culture.
- Coordinate and advocate for security development work among product owners and clients to ensure progress is made on larger security initiatives Coordinate and run live table top security exercises and follow up with required education on a periodic basis.
- Review and audit Security policies when necessary to ensure compliance and inclusion of
newly adopted technologies.
- Respond to security events when applicable and provide technical expertise during security
- Take part in vulnerability assessments and work with internal teams to re-mediate vulnerabilities
- Continually improve technical skills to include a good working knowledge of the following:
- Splunk administration and creation of high-level security dashboards
- Windows and Linux systems security
- Endpoint security (AV, HIPS, etc.)
- Networking Firewall and proxy technologies
- Programming experience - enough to know the basics and spot obvious vulnerabilities such as SQL injection and Cross-Site scripting
- Maintain security policies and understand them in depth.
- Review and audit both physical and cyber security controls when required
- Cross train security staff Manage security-related vendor relationships, software products and services, ensuring that they are secure and well-researched.
- Able to meet project deadlines.
- Develop and improve the enterprise wide vulnerability management program and understanding of threat profile.
- Conduct discovery and inventory assessments of enterprise systems and web sites.
- Develop process for scheduling and conducting scans.
- Build automation into vulnerability scanning processes.
- Educate developers and system administrators in secure coding and configuration practices to re mediate vulnerabilities.
- Provide expertise, guidance and advice related to all information security issues.
- 5 + years of experience with security engineering, or operational support to a diverse enterprise, including supporting information operations, cyber operations, system administration, and
- Experience with NIST, CIS and related security standards including developing or analyzing security test and evaluation reports.
- Experience with GRC implementation and use in a cyber security setting is a plus.
- Understanding of cyber security threats in depth and how they relate to everyday business operations.
- Experience with enterprise logging (Splunk)
- Experience with enterprise SIEM (Splunk)
- Preferred - knowledge of SCADA and Industrial Control systems
- Experience with enterprise endpoint protection systems
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools (Tenable - Nessus, Burp Suite or similar)
- Strong understanding of networking concepts (VPN, subnetting, ACLs, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with network IDS/IPS systems
- Experience working with Security Compliance Frameworks
(NIST, SOC2 and PCI-DSS)
- Knowledge of popular SaaS applications
- Knowledge of iOS and Android operating systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud security principles.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to manage a vulnerability and application security program.
- Proven experience with Vulnerability Assessment tools (Nessus, Burp) required.
- Knowledge of application security, database security, and secure coding practices.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in network security architectures, platforms, and protocols.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of Windows (mandatory) and Linux servers (preferred).
- Ability to demonstrate thorough understanding of current threats and exploits to include experience with threat detection, analysis, and remediation.
- Ability to tune sensors and monitoring thresholds.
- Ability to triage, define critical, and resolve or escalate alerts.
- Ability to communicate technical information in understandable business terms.
- Familiar with the following technologies - SIEM,IDS, IPS, HIDS, HIPS.
- Ability to write clear and decisive technical documentation.
- Ability to write well organized policies and standards.
- Run PCI and HIPAA compliance scans and provide guidance on remediation efforts.
Preferred -Bachelor’s degree in Information
Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field
Preferred -CISM or CISSP certification
Please note that the work hours for this position are 7 am - 4 pm.
Must be able to pass in depth government background investigation.