Ground System Readiness Test Lead (Job Number:439948)
This position is for the Restore-L Ground Element (RGE) Readiness Test Lead, responsible for RGE level-3 and 3.5 requirements analysis and verification, test scheduling, test team oversight, discrepancy resolution, operational readiness, and simulation support. The RGE includes unique systems developed for supporting command and control of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV). The RGE also includes NASA- institutional systems (SCaN, CARA, and FDF) and will have a bi-directional interface with the Landsat-7 Mission Operations Center (Landsat7 is the client that Restore-L is servicing). The RGE Readiness Lead is responsible for verifying the functional capabilities of the RGE-unique systems, as well as its interfaces to SCaN, CARA, FDF, and the Landsat-7 MOC.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The candidate shall have a strong technical base in the following areas:
- Integration and Test, Verification and Validation o Define the RGE readiness integration and test methodology, management, and execution to systematically integrate, test, and certify the RGE.
- Develop test/verification plans for each L3 and 3.5 requirement, define Test Artifacts to show requirement conformance, prepare test cases, and assign applicable requirements by development schedules
- Develop and institute the approach for writing verification memos for requirement sell-off
- Execute Ground Readiness Testing and support mission-level tests (including RF Compat) to verify L3 / L3.5 requirements and ensure RGE readiness for launch
- Support Level 4 FATs and MOC SATs (including defining Test Approach/Setup/Config and development of Test Procedures).
- Document test set-up, procs, results; document and track problems through resolution
- Work with SE to report requirement verification progress and burn-down plan
- Test the RGE?s latest release configuration prior to each RSV test with the RGE to ensure RGE readiness and limitations prior to the test integration with the RGE.
- Assist the Flight Operations Team (FOT) to conduct their operations tests, simulations, and launch rehearsals
- Acts as the primary interface for PL and RSV V&V
- Develop and contribute to Mission-level, RGE-level, and RGE-Development-Level test plans/documentation.
- Support various NASA-level reviews including the list below. Experience with NASA Review process a plus
- Critical Design Reviews
- Test Readiness Reviews
- Operations Readiness Reviews
- Launch Readiness Reviews
- Familiarity with or enthusiasm about rendezvous, imagery/video, and robotics desired
At a minimum, the personnel shall have the following skills:
- Knowledge of system engineering and integration and test tools
- Experience in ground system testing
- Experience in requirement verification and validation
- Strong ability to lead and proactively interact with distributed Restore-L team members
- Expertise in developing STOL (Satellite Test and Operations Language) procs
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2018, 8:59:37 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job