Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at an amazing facility in Indianapolis? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Indianapolis, IN offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Indianapolis site is a 973,000 square foot modernized facility that actually began building bombsights during WWII. On site we have a cafeteria plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and ping pong. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon! Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Position is for a Technical Support Engineer to support Mission Assurance lab operations for the V22 Test Labs, general engineering lab operations and A-kit installations/modifications on various military aircraft. Qualified candidate should be familiar with aircraft wiring, with emphasis on the V-22, and the associated specification, AS50881, IPC/WHMA-A-620 for Cable and Harnesses as well as a good working knowledge of fiber optics and computer networking. Responsibilities include installing and fabricating the aircraft A-kit and, operating, maintaining and modifying various pieces of military electronics and avionics equipment in a lab and on various military platforms. The successful candidate should also be able to utilizing various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of these tasks. Secondary responsibilities would include technical tasks in support of prototyping and fabricating engineering test assets and lab upgrades. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
- Experience with Windows XP and Windows 7
- Experience with military electronics and avionics equipment
- Experience with the V-22 and/or V-22 labs
- Familiarity with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and computer engineering and their interaction within an integrated product team.
- Good oral and written communications
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a secure environment (follow protocols, remember passwords)
- Working knowledge of aircraft wiring components, tools and processes
- Understanding fiber optics, Ethernet and Video
- Hands on experience troubleshooting and fabricating cables and prototypes.
- Experience working on bases interfacing with military personnel and integrated product teams on technical topics.
- Experience working on military bases
- Airframes and Powerplant certification or training
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Ability to travel
Requires an Associates or Bachelor?s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with emphasis in Electrical Engineering Technology, Aeronautical Engineering Technology and 2 years of related work experience; or 10 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree. Would prefer experience in aircraft wiring (specifically V-22), fiber optics and telecommunications.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum 2 years of relevant experience working maintenance on the V-22 and/or 4 years? experience working avionics on military aircraft.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.