Document Analyst (Job Number:440080)
- SAIC is seeking a Document Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- The candidate will:
- Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs, and OGC/IA office staff
- Provide document indexing and archival support including:
- Screening, preparing, and indexing legal review files before they are sent for storage and archiving.
- Addressing security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials with NARA.
- Indexing and archiving legal files with knowledge and understanding of chronicling data domestically and internationally.
- Codification and categorization of domestic and international documents in relevant databases.
- Coordinating with DoD components and agencies to ensure the submission of all international agreements in addition to the submission of the annual (cumulative) International Agreement Indices to OGC (IA).
- Maintaining the Master International Agreements Index (IAI).
- Reviewing international agreements submitted to OGC (IA) for accuracy.
- Converting all international agreements to electronic form and incorporating them into the IAD.
- This includes document preparation, scanning, transferring scanned documents to storage media, updating the database with the scanned agreement, and performing final quality checks
- Distinguishing classified information from unclassified information when archiving legal files.
- Replacing photo-reduced, illegible images of maps/agreements with high-resolution, full-sized scans.
- Continuously monitoring and maintaining security conditions and protection of the International Agreements Database (IAD).
- Maintaining the IAD and its supporting applications and structures.
- Perform testing including quality assurance auditing after international agreements have been added to the updated IAD system.
- Provide training for contractor employees and provide an updated user’s manual and technical guide for delivery to OGC.
- Meet regularly with SAIC’s Team Lead to discuss operational status and any issues and resolutions.
- Provide research, analysis, and administrative support for the daily tasks required of OGC (IA) within its current concept of operations (ConOps).
Clearance Required to start: TS/SCI
- 3 years of related experiences
- This includes demonstrated understanding of how data is chronicled domestically and internationally, experience with relevant databases that house international agreements, and demonstrated ability to analyze a file’s security designation based on the content of the file
- Experience preparing documents for the national archive.
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Understanding of security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials.
- Familiarity with NARA storage procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision
- Strong administrative skills
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, .Net Applications and/or Databases
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office, or JAG office
- No travel anticipated
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2018, 12:53:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job