Horizon 2 Cloud Computing Network Engineer (Job Number:439975)
- SAIC is seeking a Cloud Computing / Network Engineer Senior to provide engineering, acquisition, and technical assistance to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY).
- Perform Cloud Computing and Network Engineering activities to design, plan, integrate, and assess cloud computing and computer network architectures for an advanced Ground Segment performing C2 of a heterogeneous satellite constellation.
- Provide and assess specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools, switching, routing transmission, and signaling for the most efficient solution to meet mission needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Maintain and leverage technical expertise in relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluate and report on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services for an advanced Ground Segment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) years of experience.
- Must have active TS/SCI .
- Knowledge of Cloud Systems e.g. AWS and solid background with Networking technologies.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 3:03:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job