Nestle USA (www.NestleUSACareers.com)
The Shuttle Driver's primary function is shuttle/delivery and distribution of Nestle frozen products on an assigned route within prescribed timelines. Deliver and unload palletized orders; pickup and deliver inventory and a variety of other materials and related paperwork from cross dock deliveries. Shuttle drivers must maintain customer expectations regarding delivery.
- Prepare truck for operation by inspecting general condition-validating adherence to DOT standards
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; follows established route; operating the truck; unloading the items; merchandising; maintaining schedule
- Serves customer by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Maintains delivery, truck and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgements; record tracking information; completing driver logs and truck performance forms
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
- Requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, properly using horn, left/right turn execution, using seat belt, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, observing proper lane, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
- Initiative, self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Energy, maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- Stress Tolerance, maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity)
- Detail, strives to understand the details. Balances analysis and action appropriately
- Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel
- Team Work, can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole
- Manage Job professionally and with a high level of organization
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Cell Phone Service Discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Scholarships
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Educational Assistance
- Gym Discounts
- Health Rewards / Rally
- Infant Formula Program
- Legal Services
- Maternity Support
- Medical Insurance
- NESPRESSO Discounts
- Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts
- Parental Support Policy
- Pet Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount
- Real Recognition Points
- Tobacco Cessation Resources
- Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness Coaching
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions OR have a minimum of 3 years professional driving experience with a Class 'A' CDL
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have a Class A CDL with airbrake endorsement meeting DOT requirements
- 2 years or more Class 'A' driving experience in a business environment preferred or ability to meet DOT requirements within 30 days of hire
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report for moving violations.
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required, holidays and weekends
- Grocery/Retail experience preferred
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must have basic math and computer skills
- Standing/Walking: Frequently, while performing some duties in warehouse; walking, up to 4 hours per shift on concrete surfaces.
- Lift/Carry: Occasionally lifting, carrying, maneuvering wheel chocks, trailer jack stands, lines, hoses, etc.
- Sitting: Occasionally (10%), while operating vehicle between customer locations, can be subject to heavy traffic and vibration of the vehicle while in motion. Driving tractor with both feet (accelerator and clutch).
- Push/Pull:Rarely, using both hands and arms while moving trailer jack stands into position.
- Hands/Arms: Occasionally use of both hands/arms above shoulder reaching while inspecting vehicle, getting on and off tractor. Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout the work shift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping, fingering and above shoulder reaching while stocking ice cream products.
- Climbing: Occasionally when inspecting vehicle, detaching trailer, etc.
- Bending/Twisting: Occasional bending at waist 30-45 degrees performing vehicle inspections and installing/removing wheel chocks.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, when performing vehicle inspections or installing or removing wheel chocks.
- Balance: wet & icy conditions in parking lots and in the back of the trailers.
- Head/Neck: Frequently, moving head and neck while in a static position while driving vehicle to and from distribution center locations.
- Other Demands: Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes, 5-7 times daily.
- Work is performed 50-80% of time at customer locations delivering products, 20-50% on the road driving vehicle.
- Hazards: Driving a variety of 12-15 ton vehicles in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from
- Tools/Equipment Used: 12-15 ton truck, hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, carts, dollies, straps, lift gates, and pallets
- Safety Equipment: Seat belts, gloves, hearing and eye protection as required.
- Employee is exposed to moving machinery, such as bailers, compactors and vehicles in the parking lot, walkies, palletjacks and fork trucks.
- Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in the back of trailers.
- Normal traffic hazards while operating vehicles.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Nestlé Dreyer's Ice Cream Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.