Raytheon Pasadena is looking for an Enterprise Software Systems Architect who is motivated and prepared to apply his/her advanced leadership skills to a large portfolio of challenging software development and support projects.
The ideal candidate will possess project and/or organization leadership skills and be able to partner with other IT experts to apply advanced web technologies and engage in front-end user interface development as well as server-side business logic and relational database interaction. They will be hands-on in leading and shaping the architecture and implementation of revolutionary or complex systems. They will effectively serve as the voice of the system(s) throughout the product development life cycle, and demonstrate excellent communication skills, agility in adapting to change, quality, proven success in working with high-performing teams, outstanding customer service, and effective project leadership skills.
The candidate shall investigate, design, develop, test, document, and analyze software systems and application architectures. Develops new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Prepares concepts and prototypes for information system software solutions or for specialized software domains and evaluates the cost-effectiveness of these concepts. Implements software solutions that may be commercial-off-the-shelf or internally developed. Evaluates interfaces between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Applies software architecture principles, tools, and advanced techniques to develop and support applications, including software development methodologies, database design methodologies, programming languages, source code control for release management, and disaster recovery methodologies. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance and quality standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Security Clearance: Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to program informationThe position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a counter-intelligence polygraph security clearanceEducation / Work Experience: Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline plus 8 or more years of related experienceRequired Skills
- Developing viable requirements for highly complex and critical software system architectures. Ensure system is achievable within available resources and project timeline; ensures that requirements are met; advises management
- Designing and defining system architecture for new or existing highly complex and critical computer-based systems.
- Leading design effort; establishes design patterns and rules; researches and applies best industry practices.
- Developing highly complex and critical software and data architectural models; using current practice and recommends improvements.
- Serving as a liaison to the customer throughout the entire system life cycle; advising customer and management.
- Developing prototypes and storyboards to validate user requirements.
- Maintaining system integrity by assessing and determining stable steps in development.
- Establishing and implementing highly complex and critical system software life cycle processes; advising customers and management
- Partnering with other engineers and management to oversee highly complex and critical system integration.
- Verifying and approving highly complex and critical test plans.
- Demonstrated software development skills and familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
- Experience in information architecture and information retrieval
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with web and software application development.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple cross-functional project teams.
Work Location:The work is located in Pasadena CA, there could be a possibility of telecommuting from an approved secure facility for this position; however the candidate would be required to travel to Pasadena for meetings.This position requires a U.S. Citizen with the required clearances.
- Passion and vision for revolutionizing the information experience of the workforce;
- A contagious enthusiasm for developing creative and novel solutions
- Understanding the importance of providing innovative, yet solid and reliable services to the Laboratory
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skill, and ability to see and convey the big picture; critical thinking and synthesis; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation; self-starting; excellent listening and communications
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.