Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst for our Cambridge, MA location. The position will manage finance, accounting and reporting activities for an assigned business area as well as have general FP&A responsibilities for other financial functions such as EACs, capital, intercompany transactions, and allocations. Prior experience working in a government contracting environment is preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but is not limited to the following:
• Review and oversight for all EACs
• Responsible for all Bookings forecasting, tracking, and reporting
• Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, review and processing of all appropriation requests including capital, lease, and inventory requests
• Manages all intercompany requests and cost transfers
• Prepares, monitors, and reports on business unit and or department level financials.
• Responsible for all month / year end closing entries for responsible business units / departments.
• Responsible for month end financial reporting of results which may include, analysis of results, fixed assets, over / under positions, backlog, unallowable costs, incentive compensation, financial summaries, and cash flow.
• Prepares annual budgets and forecasts for responsible business units/departments working directly with department managers and PCO managers.
• Ensures all internal financial and control policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensures compliance with government regulations.
• May provide work leadership for lower level finance and PCO employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Required Skills / Education:
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or related field and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
• Proficiency at an advanced level with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with SAP and job cost accounting systems
• US Government security clearance may be required. A willingness to apply and US citizenship are required.
Desired Skills / Education:
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Discretion with sensitive data and a high level of professionalism
• General knowledge of government accounting
• Prior Government/Defense contracting experience
• MBA is a plus
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.