Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Signal Processing Engineer to join our Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) team developing the next generation Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Weather Data Reporting sensors/systems, as well as providing support to existing fielded systems. The position is located in Marlborough, MA.
This position is for an engineer who will perform design, development, integration, test, and defect resolution for critical next generation sensor data processing. Regular duties include: participating in design discussions and reviews, producing design artifacts and algorithms, characterizing system performance, working with suppliers to design, develop, and qualify new systems, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and functioning as a valuable member of the team. Additionally, this candidate will:
1. Perform simulation, analysis, and development of traditional and innovative signal processing techniques and dynamic sensor scheduling / optimization using Matlab, Python, C++, Gurobi, COIN-OR, or other similar tools
2. Design, integrate, and perform analysis on experimental signal processing techniques and sensor optimization on a multidiscipline team
3. Support the transition of algorithms from concept to product by implementing, collecting and analyzing results, and comparing and refining models and algorithms
4. Analyze architecture, requirements, and key performance parameters such as performance, timing, target detection and estimation, etc.
5. Collaborate in an agile development environment with systems and software engineering disciplines within Raytheon, suppliers, and Customers to develop and deliver cutting-edge sensors for aviation and weather
The candidate must have a proven track record of innovating while meeting system requirements, schedule deadlines, and project budgets.
The candidate must be a team player and should expect to work with Systems Engineers and other development team members in translating system performance and operational specifications into requirements, design, and test specifications.
This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
•Demonstrated experience developing innovative techniques for identification and extraction of features in a large data set using signal processing or machine learning techniques
•Experience developing scheduling / optimization algorithms using tools such as Gurobi and COIN-OR.
•Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete design, and then verify the design via test and integration
•Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
•Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
•The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance. US Citizenship Required.
•Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
•Experience with performing simulation and analysis of phased array radar hardware using Matlab or other similar tools
•Experience with air traffic control and weather sensor hardware
•Understanding of radar system theory, including weather radars
•Task Management or other Lead role experience for development efforts
•Existing security clearance
Bachelors / Master’s Degree of Science Technology Electrical Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related fields and minimum 8 years of related work experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.