Associate Mbr Eng Staff
Job ID: 451369BR
Date posted: Sep. 13, 2018
City: Mount Laurel
State: New Jersey
Program: Site event
Description: 1. System engineering of Weapons Control System products supporting Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) and Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) programs.
2. Develop AAW & BMD fire control, track filtering, guidance, engagement planning, and coordinate system alignment algorithms by performing design trades, simulating algorithms using C++ and MATLAB simulations, analyzing results, and documenting findings in technical papers and presentations.
3. Analysis, design and generation of computer program requirements; development of test plans and procedures; verification of requirements implementation through software testing; system level test at local and remote customer sites; documentation of results; and detailed analysis of problems with recommended solutions.
4. Participation in design and code reviews of Weapon System products with Aegis element engineers, the program office, and the customer.
5. Off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Domestic travel required and international travel may be required. Travel to and support of customer test events, including ship board events, at domestic and international locations may be required.
6. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
Desired Skills: 1. Proficient in the use of Unix, Linux, Python, C/C++, MATLAB, and/or Java.
2. Experience with simulations.
3. Experience with aerodynamics, missile guidance, orbital mechanics, navigation, control systems, dynamics, optimal estimation theory, Kalman filtering, nonlinear systems, and statistics.
4. Requirements analysis and development including UML/SysML, DOORS, and Rhapsody. Experience in requirements modeling, use case development, requirements management and product line management.
5. Demonstrated proficiency developing/executing software test plans and procedures.
Basic Qualifications: 1. Bachelor?s degree from the fields of Engineering; Mathematics; Natural, Physical or Computer Sciences, or equivalent degree required.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
4. Able to work independently or as a member of a team.
5. Good interpersonal skills.
6. Familiarity with PC and workstation design tools and environments used for system and subsystem engineering.
7. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
8. Minimum a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: 4 yr and up College
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)