GardaWorld Federal Services (www.garda-federal.com)
Position: Operations Security Specialist
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Operations Security Specialist monitors incident and threat reporting, and appropriately call for deployment of the appropriate response team(s) (Quick Response Force, Emergency Response Team, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, etc.).
· Operate communications equipment ? monitor and relay radio traffic, effectively controlling the network. Communicate with entities outside of the network with a variety of voice and text?based communications technology including local cell phone, regional and global satellite phone, tactical military radio, and UHF/VHF radio.
· Prepare weekly and/or daily reports, as requested by supervisory chain?of?command.
· Maintain a watch activity record.
Non-Essential Functions: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Crucial Requirements and Abilities:
· 5 years security experience (civilian or military) with minimum of one year high threat experience. Inactive National Guard experience does not apply.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in any of the following: Security Operations Center, Threat Analysis, Watch Center, Command Post Shift Work
· Unblemished background and ability to pass a background check for disciplinary, criminal and credit issues
· Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
· Able to write incident reports, policies, procedures and conduct after action reviews.
· No record of human rights violations, acts of terrorism, or history of substantiated legal/ethical/moral violations while serving
· No resignation or retirement in lieu of disciplinary action
· Excellent health and ability to pass a law enforcement physical, physical agility evaluation and psychological evaluation
· Ability to pass PT qualification course upon arrival in theater
· Able to qualify with a 9mm semi?automatic hand gun, M4 rifle, and AK?47
· U.S. Citizen
· Secret Clearance
Physical Demands: Shall be able to physically perform internal security guard services, at any potential internal security posting for up to 12 hours (not to exceed 72 hours a week), often in austere conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind, dust, rain or snow, while donning all required personal protective gear
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.