GardaWorld Federal Services (www.garda-federal.com)
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Armorer shall maintain weapons for all personal protective, static guard and emergency response team security service personnel.
· Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform skilled maintenance, repair and testing on all weapons in use by security personnel.
· Maintains a bench stock of replacement parts, materials, tools, lubricants, cleaning supplies and other equipment necessary to accomplish armorer duties
· Knowledge of safe and proper handling and discharge of firearms.
· Knowledge of Firearm sighting and marksmanship techniques, as well as basic characteristics of handgun and shotgun ammunition.
· Knowledge of methods of instructing others in the proficient use of firearms and developing related training materials.
· Maintains targets, target frames, protective equipment and training aids necessary for training all security related skills and qualifications.
· Good oral and written communication skills in English.
· Ability to record and maintain reports and inventory records.
Non-Essential Functions: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Crucial Requirements and Abilities:
· 5 years security experience (civilian or military) with minimum of one year high threat experience. Inactive National Guard experience does not apply.
· Unblemished background and ability to pass a background check for disciplinary, criminal and credit issues
· Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
· Able to write incident reports, policies, procedures and conduct after action reviews.
· No record of human rights violations, acts of terrorism, or history of substantiated legal/ethical/moral violations while serving
· No resignation or retirement in lieu of disciplinary action
· Excellent health and ability to pass a law enforcement physical, physical agility evaluation and psychological evaluation
· Ability to pass PT qualification course upon arrival in theater
· Able to qualify with a 9mm semi?automatic hand gun, M4 rifle, and AK?47
· Minimum certified armorer for weapons utilized (military or commercial vendor) with two years? work experience.
· U.S. Citizen
· Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Physical Demands: Shall be able to physically perform internal security guard services, at any potential internal security posting for up to 12 hours (not to exceed 72 hours a week), often in austere conditions to include extreme heat, cold, wind, dust, rain or snow, while donning all required personal protective gear
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.