full-time employee contract
ManTech is looking for an experienced Information System Security Officer to support a fast-paced, high-priority, Marine Corps program in Charleston, SC. This position requires a person who is driven to excel in a dynamic project-oriented environment collaborating with a team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as an Information System Security Officer for a high-paced local customer and directly support the Information System Security Manager. The ISSO duties are defined:
o Coordinates local system security with local security policies and procedures as required to comply with Federal, DoD, DON, and Marine Corps Cybersecurity regulations, policies, and directives.
o Ensures that enclaves, sites, systems, and Automated Information Systems (AIS) are Assessed and Authorized.
o Ensures system(s) authorization support documentation packages for which the ISSO is responsible are developed, maintained, and updated as required.
o Ensures that all Marine Corps system Cybersecurity-related processes are monitored and accessible to properly authorized individuals approved by the Marine Corps AO.
o Ensures that Cybersecurity and Cybersecurity-enabled software, hardware, and firmware are in compliance with the appropriate Marine Corps AO -approved security configurations.
o Ensures Marine Corps IS back-up and recovery processes are developed, tested (initially and annually thereafter), and documented in the A&A package.
o Coordinates with IT personnel to develop and test the local Cybersecurity IT Contingency Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), which are part of the overall Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, and recoverability of critical ISs and data is maintained during and after a disaster. Additionally, coordinates with the appropriate representatives to ensure that the Contingency and DRPs meet command objectives and are tested prior to system operation and annually thereafter.
o Coordinates all Cybersecurity-related issues that call for local execution of contingency plans with the ISSM, IT personnel, and security managers as required.
• Running scans on various IT products using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and providing output to customer
• Performing STIG checks using automated (SCC) and manual techniques
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems
• Knowledge of networking technologies and devices
• Knowledge of McAfee’s Host Based Security System (HBSS) to include deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, and policy management
• Knowledge of The Marine Corps Compliance and Authorization Support Tool (MCCAST)
• BS degree in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems or Software Engineering; or Computer Science
• Ten (10) years of experience in support of C4ISR projects, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements. Five (5) years of technical experience in support of USMC C2 projects. Note: Experience may be concurrent.
• Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements
o CCNA Security
o Security+ CE
• Must possess a DoD security clearance