General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Helps maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Coordinates hardware and software installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Participates in systems testing and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
0-2 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
1.Familiarity with Windows XP/7/10 and Server 2012/2016
2. Linux experience
3. Virtualization experience. VMware preferred.
4. Experience managing anti-virus within an enterprise network
Skills and Abilities
1. Basic knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in systems
administration and support.
2. Basic knowledge of related hardware and software.
3. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies,
depending on job assignment.
4. Knowledge of TCP/IP stack and concept of VLANs.
5. Basic knowledge with Linux.
6. Basic network/desktop/server troubleshooting
7. Knowledge/understanding of backup and recovery concepts.
8. Knowledge/Understanding of Windows Active
Directory, DNS, and Group Policy
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.