General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at Government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields.
Ability to work anywhere in the USA, this is a telework position. Onsite support will be required as requested by customer.
The Enterprise Service Desk Subject Matter Expert (SME) serves as a top level technical/functional expert for the Enterprise Service Desk. The SME assures continuous service desk efficiency and serves as the point person for service desk technical matters. Other responsibilities include:
1) 10 – 15 years of significant hands-on experience in IT Service Delivery/IT Operations Management
2) Certification required: ITILv3, Scrum Master, HDI
3) Certification desired: PMP or PgMP or DAWIA P/PM Level 3 or FAC P/PM Level III
4) Significant hands-on experience with enterprise service desk design, development and setup
5) Significant hands-on experience with ITSM platforms (Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.)
6) Strong knowledge and hands-on with Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) systems, IVRs, or other telephony systems
7) Considerable knowledge, understanding and experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools – SolarWinds, Splunk, Traverse, and others
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1) Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
2) Masters Degree preferred