Electrical Engineering Intern
Raytheon IIS is a world leader in air traffic sensors and automation systems, responsible for providing air traffic tools to Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP) in the US and abroad.
We have an exciting opportunity for Electrical Engineering Interns with strong academic fundamentals to join our Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) team implementing the next generation Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Weather Data Reporting systems, as well as providing support to existing fielded systems. The position is located in Marlborough, MA.
This position is for a student who will work alongside electrical engineers and other engineering disciplines on a variety of tasks related to the design and development of systems using Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products (e.g. networking appliances, servers, and storage) and custom-designed hardware (e.g. digital circuit cards, RF/microwave circuit cards, and integration/test).
Successful candidates will be innovators and a self-starters, able to complete tasks given minimal direction and goals, and possess good technical aptitude and people skills. Candidates must be professional, demonstrate initiative in academic or prior work experience, and possess a positive attitude. It is important that candidates have a willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures and be willing to engage the staff within an Agile collaborative development framework such as Scrum or Scrumban.
Required Experience and Skills:
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Fundamental engineering skills
- Course work and/or experience related to COTS hardware integration, digital circuits, embedded software, RF/microwave circuits, signal processing, and machine learning.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements
- General knowledge of Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Course work in ATC or weather system radar hardware
- Academic projects and examples of innovation of new and emerging technologies
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- Course work and examples of Technical Writing skills
Required Education: Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a technical degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). Please include your transcript with your resume. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly desired.
This position can be Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade NUG based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position for a Summer of 2019 internship.
ST02 (TechStudent-Sophomore) – must have completed 30 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Sophomore status as of Summer 2019.
ST03 (TechStudent–Junior) – must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Junior status as of Summer 2019.
ST04 (TechStudent-Senior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2019.
NUG (TechStudent-PostGraduate) Post Graduate Status - must be currently pursuing a Master's or PhD degree and obtained Post Graduate status as of Summer 2019. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.