full-time employee contract
Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has immediate openings for experienced Software Engineers for Real-Time-Embedded applications. The positions are located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involve direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidates must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or can obtain, at minimum, a Secret security clearance.
• Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) Degree in Computer Science from a College or University accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, or Bachelor of Science (Master’s preferred) Degree in Computer Engineering from an ABET Accredited Engineering Program
• Experienced in both procedural and object-oriented computer programming languages and techniques (typically C, C++, and Java)
• Experienced in Assembler Language (x-86 or PowerPC)
• Demonstrated understanding of computer organization & architecture
• Experienced in developing real-time-embedded systems for high-criticality applications such as medical or (preferably) avionics equipment
• Experienced with Software/Hardware integration techniques
• Experience in developing software, through the entire development process including certification, under a highly disciplined standard such as RTCA DO-178B or similar.
• Demonstrated expertise in Software Engineering and Architecture practices.
• Experienced in Estimating Engineering Effort for planning, bids, and proposals
• Experienced in project management for software engineering
• Experienced with Earned Value (EV) reporting techniques