District of Columbia
Quality Assurance Manager (Job Number:440689)
Seeking a Quality Manager to support the operation of IT shared services for a large government agency. The Quality Manager reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for performance quality assurance and control as detailed in the Quality Management Plan.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Ability to maintain the contract’s Quality Management Plan in accordance with the agency’s Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) using best practices from ISO and ITIL.
- Ability to apply quality control principles to establish and maintain processes for evaluating project deliverables and associated documentation.
- Knowledge of SLA commercial best practices to provide oversight for developing and verifying SLAs.
- Knowledge of IT systems to enable collaboration with Infrastructure Operations and Engineering team members on root cause analysis of quality issues for all enterprise systems.
- Ability to perform quality assurance reviews/audits of closed tickets in the service management system to ensure proper coding.
- Able to perform daily technical direction and oversight of support staff for all quality functions.
- Report quality inspection findings and quality metrics to agency, SAIC, and subcontractor management team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in IT related field with at least nine years of experience five of those specifically in quality assurance and quality control of IT systems in quality assurance and quality control of IT systems for enterprise shared services.
- Experience providing quality assurance audits and developing process improvement plans to resolve performance issues is required.
- Experience performing supervisory functions and OJT training is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL and ISO is required. ITIL certification is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required to brief executive management of the agency, SAIC, and subcontractor companies.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2018, 9:06:49 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job