Information Technologist - End User Solutions (Telework) (Job Number:440111)
- The Information Technology Analyst is responsible for evaluating technology and tools and staying abreast of coming technologies and their potential impact to the overall strategy and solution design related to the delivery of End User solutions.
- The IT Analyst will work closely with the MSS management, service delivery managers and leads, solutions architects and SMEs to understand the requirements of the specific programs and look for ways to infuse beneficial technology tools and processes with minimal risk to ensure continuity of operations and maximum productivity and efficiency.
- The IT Analyst works under general supervision.
- This is a technical level position that analyzes information needs and plans.
- The IT Analyst will serve as the primary POC and lead for developing Analysis of Alternatives (AofA).
- Explore and document emerging technology tools and processes and make recommendations to ensure future viability and differentiating capabilities around EUS capabilities and solutions.
- Explore and document different infrastructure delivery mechanisms.
- Create and submit AofA with recommendations around technology and tools.
- Work with other technical SMEs to ensure integration capabilities.
- Work with service delivery managers and leads to understand programmatic challenges and explore ways to address and resolve those challenges.
- Evaluate present tools and applications used by the company.
- Conduct surveys to the users in order to consider their needs while considering technology upgrades.
- Apply business and technology perspectives around technology and consider both when evaluating and making recommendations.
- Conduct research on new technologies to provide more efficient support.
- Document all procedures, solutions, and FAQs around the systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be accepted.
Expert level knowledge of infrastructure, tools and emerging technologies needed to deliver service desk, self-service, desktop support, VDI, video conference, IT asset management. Technologies include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
- Intelligent automation
- Self-healing technologies
- Virtual Support Assistants/Chatbots
- Knowledge Centered Support/Knowledge management
- Contact Center/Service Desk Telephony solutions (on-premise/cloud based)/VoIP
- ITSM Tools (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 28, 2018, 11:27:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-TX-AUSTIN, United States-MD-BALTIMORE, United States-VA-CHARLOTTESVILLE, United States-AZ-PHOENIX, United States-IL-CHICAGO, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-FL-MIAMI, United States-TX-HOUSTON, United States-WA-SEATTLE, United States-FL-ORLANDO, United States-TX-DALLAS-FORT WORTH, United States-TN-MEMPHIS, United States-FL-JACKSONVILLE, United States-DC-WASHINGTON, United States-UT-SALT LAKE CITY, United States-MD-UPPER MARLBORO, United States-GA-ATLANTA, United States-TX-SAN ANTONIO, United States-TN-OAK RIDGE, United States-FL-PENSACOLA, United States-SC-CHARLESTON, United States-CA-SAN DIEGO, United States-MD-LEXINGTON PARK