F-35 Aircraft Flightline Expeditor
Job ID: 456425BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
City: Luke Air Force Base
Program: F-35 Luke
Description:This position will be part of the aircraft maintenance team supporting the F-35 maintenance operation at Luke AFB, AZ. Flightline Expeditor for F-35; uses Fifth Generation aircraft management tools “Autonomic Logistics Information System" (ALIS) to track aircraft history, maintenance, engine data and Time Compliance Technical Data (TCTDs) and time change items. Uses aircraft data to project future maintenance events that will impact aircraft operations. Performs scheduling, inspection tracking, coordination of outside support, assists in signing the aircraft exceptional release and other various functions in accordance with appropriate Interim Contractor Instructions (ICIs) and Sustainment Operating Instruction (SOIs) and service guidance. Plans and develops current flight schedules resulting in efficient service, optimum use of aircraft and other company resources to maximize production. Coordinates with Maintenance Manager on schedules, aircraft status and issues as they occur. Provide On-The-Job training to government and partner personnel as it pertains to Aircraft Maintenance. Coordinates with the Aircraft Maintenance Manager on work schedules and task assignments. Assists the Operations Analyst with monitoring aircraft status and requesting base support. Coordinates TCTD execution with Aircraft Maintenance Managers. Works with maintenance supervision to ensure maintenance actions are completed on time. Maintains accurate aircraft status boards and performs other duties as directed by the Manager. Requires the application of experience and judgment in selecting procedures to be followed in searching for, interpreting, selecting, or coding items to be entered from ALIS and other related functions.
- Physical Requirements: Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. Candidate will frequently be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist. Considered candidates must be capable of working first (1st), second (2nd), or third (3rd) shift(s) dependent on customer needs.
Must possess at least an Interim Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain / maintain a Final Secret clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must possess a valid drivers license. Must be able to obtain a flight line driving competence card.
-8 years aircraft maintenance experience in flight line operations as a 7-skill level USAF AFSC, Navy NEC, or USMC MOS aircraft maintenance discipline or equivalent civilian aircraft maintenance experience with at least 1 year of F-35 or Fifth Generation aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must have experience with programs such as; Aircraft Scheduling, Aircraft Records Management, Maintenance Control, Aircraft Configuration Control, Maintenance Information System, Tool and FOD, Training, Safety, Security, Hazardous Waste Management, or Supply Chain Management.
The following are desired but not required:
- U.S Air Force, U.S. Navy, or U.S. Marine Corps aircraft maintenance experience.
- Have thorough understanding of Fighter Aircraft Systems and Operations.
- Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) or Integrated Information System (IMIS) experience.
- Portable Maintenance Aid (PMA) activities such as aircraft forms documentation.
- Understanding of USAF Maintenance PracticesExperience as a Maintenance Controller, Aircraft Production Supervisor, and/or Aircraft Flightline Expediter highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAF AFI 21-101
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of Safety, Tool Control, Foreign Object damage (FOD), Supply, Hazardous Material (HAZMAT), Training Management System (TMS), Quality, or Security programs.
- Experience developing work schedules for employees.
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule environment
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Logistics
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: STANDARD: Autotime System