Embedded software engineer
Job ID: 457031BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
Description:Now more than ever, Lockheed Martin’s customers are focusing on cybersecurity of platforms and systems as key to mission success. Lockheed Martin's research and development laboratory helps the corporation mitigate risk by solving the hard problems early. On our team, you can bring your cybersecurity skills to bear across a wide array of problem spaces. You will also be able to extend in new directions and support multiple programs across our entire customer base. The lab provides a fast-paced, results driven atmosphere where curiosity and exposure to innovative technologies are critical to project success.
The primary role will be to perform full life-cycle security assessment, testing, development and documentation against target devices and environments. This will include the ability to quickly understand the hardware, software, network, operations and infrastructure spaces of industries of interest to our customers. Understanding of CVE’s, penetration testing tools and techniques and APT are keys to success.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Embedded software development and penetration testing
- Device research for physical and software capabilities
- Operations research across multiple industry spaces
- Vulnerability analysis and exploitation
- Security assessment report generation including technical write-ups
- Systems security engineering
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Fundamental understanding of cyber threat intelligence analysis and current threat landscape
- Ability to conduct a penetration testing activities and some user awareness (social engineering) testing
- Ability to understand software/hardware reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery techniques
- Basic understanding of discovery and development
- Experience with Linux and Unix
- Software development using C/C++, Java and web-specific development languages
- Effective teaming skills (both internally and with external agencies)
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new analysis techniques with guidance from other senior team members
Must have the following capabilities:
- Basic knowledge of cyber offensive and defensive operations including including intrusion response and analysis, APT, cyber threat intelligence analysis
- Understanding of protocol-level exploit development
- Understanding of enterprise vulnerability scanning solutions and deployments
- Familiarity with cryptography and hashing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Other
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)