Combat Management Systems (CMS) Technician
Job ID: 456814BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
Description:This position supports the LCS Post-Delivery program in Marinette, WI, as an on-site Combat Management Systems (CMS) Technician supporting our Industrial Post-Delivery Availability (IPDA) team. This position is responsible for understanding the technical details, resource constraints, and schedule impacts for assigned ship repair items. A CMS Technician performs the following functions:
1. Provide on-ship verification and troubleshooting of technical issues, planned maintenance, and systems operations.
2. Coordination of ship issues and repairs with appropriate LM (Sustainment, Engineering ITPs, etc.) and Navy (shore support and crew) groups
3. Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair of LCS combat and control systems, including MPCMS, and related equipment, and be able to effect minor repairs with little, or no, assistance.
4. Work for the Ship Superintendent to ensure adequate resources are applied to meet schedule requirements.
5. Assist other technicians with non-CMS troubleshooting and repairs.
6. Independently review equipment modification and repair designs.
7. Perform Ship Superintendent duties as required.
8. Assist in the monitoring of HM&E / CMS equipment.
1. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
2. Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings.
3. Effective knowledge of systems implementation and integration.
4. Ability to build effective relationships with Ship’s Crew and Navy customers
5. Ability to travel and provide dedicated on-ship support for defined test periods.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
7. Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
8. Ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
1. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot in a shipyard environment.
2. Prior experience with electronic test equipment to include radio frequency (RF) generators, multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
3. Knowledge of ship Combat Systems (C2, Weapons/Sensors, TSCE, EXCOMM, NAV), including operation, test, maintenance, and certification. Prior experience with ship machinery control systems (MCS) a plus.
4. Certified IAW Mil-Std-2003-5A.
5. Technical skills to make minor repairs, including to baling and connectors.
6. Ability to research and interpret ship/system drawings, including cabling diagrams.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)