Facility Construction Administrator/Technical Writer
Job ID: 454981BR
Date posted: Oct. 12, 2018
Program: Facility Operations & Services
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As Lockheed Martin Space further enhances and develops a competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities in the market, our Facility Project Implementation Organization is providing the path forward in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction innovations through projects supporting many types of space. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. Virtually every LM Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction and execution management, which is performed risk free in support of business needs without interruption and based on innovation.
Our location in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an early career Facility Construction Administrator/Technical Writer. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new, or redesign current, state of the art engineering facilities. You will work with Facility Operations & Services, Plant Operations Maintenance, as well as Project Management. Additionally, this position will partner you with Procurement in the facility project financial process to initiate and evaluate execution construction of over 200 annual projects with total budget of up to $50M in Capital and Overhead.
Responsibilities will include:
• Authoring, and integrated review management of, Statements of Work documents to support engineering specifications, construction direction, and schedule information necessary for contractor success in delivery of facility project executions.
• Provide team built updating of Engineering Design Standards, Construction Specifications, and Risk Plans that support Contractor direction of facility construction projects.
• Author technical evaluations of contractor proposals, hours of estimating work, and industry metric reviews for comparison of fairness and LM agreement.
• Time & Material and Architectural/Engineering Service Contract annual review and updating.
• Function as a liaison between Procurement, Engineering, Project Management and Maintenance staff supporting development of final documents to initiate work, as well amendments supporting scope change mid-project, and final closure reviews.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• Ability to quickly adopt facility engineering direction, construction contracting, and company procurement standards for project initiation through procurement contracts and compliance
• Ability to write clear, concise, detailed descriptive procedural documents
• Previous experience creating project schedules including budget forecasting
• PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Word knowledge
• Possess a technical background and working experience in facility construction project support
• General Knowledge of LMCO Procurement rules, compliance and regulations (i.e. LMAP)
• Leadership skills, knowledge and practical experience to lead teams to develop or perform reviews of new/existing infrastructure projects
• Able to perform historical data analysis to target improvement efforts
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Facilities
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2