Demand Reduction Advisor – Specialist Advisor (I-IV)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
MRPT Security Clearance Required (Clearance FAQs HERE)
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently of identifying candidates for the position of a Demand Reduction Advisor – Specialist Advisor (I-IV) to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Demand Reduction Advisor – Specialist Advisor (I-IV) are as follows:
- MRPT Security Clearance Required.
- A university degree in social sciences.
- US Citizen.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Demand Reduction Programs or efforts.
- Possess certification on addiction training programs.
- Proven knowledge related to the operation of Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers.
- Technical experience in evaluation and monitoring systems.
- Proven experience in facilitating and conducting drug prevention workshops and seminars.
- Proven knowledge in Drug Prevention theory, methodologies, strategies and programs.
- Knowledge and experience related to treatment centers in Guatemala.
- Proven experience as coordinator of inter-institutional relations and activities with host government institutions.
- Proficiency in the use of Office Programs i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.
- FSI level 4/4 Spanish, FSI level 4/4 English.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit
- Provide technical advice to the INL Guatemala Counter Narcotics and Demand Reduction Officer and other Demand Reduction Program Advisors in prevention and treatment projects being carried out by the INL Demand Reduction Program.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend meetings with the representatives and authorities from SECCATID, the Ministry of Education, Mayors, and Community leaders, NGO´s (Fundacion Azteca) in order to coordinate awareness campaigns, drug prevention projects, and cooperation efforts with the Ministry of Health.
- Provide technical assistance to INL Prevention and Treatment Advisors for the coordination of different activities as requested by mayors or by local heads of the Department of Education and the Ministry of Health for the effective implementation of drug prevention educational workshops and training workshops for treatment center counselors.
- Provide technical assistance to SECCATID and its programs.
- Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health-DRACES (office in charge of Treatment Centers)
- a. Plan, coordinate and organize working group meetings and workshops with treatment advisors in support of the Department of Authorization and Supervision of Treatment Centers-DRACES in the Ministry of Health.
- b. Plan, coordinate, and conduct the training project for treatment center directors and counselors in order to implement a therapeutic model.
- c. Analyze and revise the 2016 Evaluation of Treatment Centers and write a report with recommendations for the creation of mechanisms for the effective classification and ranking of treatment centers.
- d. Analyze and submit recommendations for the legalization by ministerial order of the 2015 Minimum Treatment Guide by the Minister of Health.
- e. Provide technical advice to the Technical Advisor of Treatment Centers for the effective supervision of treatment centers and treatment projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the evaluation and monitoring process of the community drug prevention project and its drug prevention advisors.
- Plan and coordinate meetings with the representatives of Fundacion Azteca and authorities from SECCATID, the Ministry of Education, mayors, and community leaders, in order to coordinate the drug prevention mass awareness campaigns-Gira Vive sin Drogas.
- Provide technical advice in the preparation of prevention and treatment (information, awareness, and education) materials to be used in workshops and seminars.
- Conduct drug prevention workshops for community leaders, teachers, parents, and government representatives.
- Provide technical advice to INL Guatemala Prevention and Treatment Advisors who administer e-surveys and/or assist other advisors to assess the impact of drug prevention and treatment projects.
- Provide technical assistance to INL Guatemala Demand Reduction Advisors in other prevention and treatment projects being carried out by the Demand Reduction Program.
- Accompany and/or represent Demand Reduction Program Advisors in meetings held with government and non-governmental representatives.
- Provide technical assistance to INL Program Managers in strategic planning methodologies, including logic models.
http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.