Aviation Logistics Expert- Specialist Advisor (I, II, III, IV)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Bilingual: Spanish and English
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently of identifying candidates for the position of a Specialist Advisor – Aviation Logistics Expert to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Specialist Advisor – Aviation Logistics Expert are as follows:
- MRPT clearance if US citizen or TCN, RSO clearance if Guatemalan citizen.
- FSI level 3/3 English, FSI level 3/3 Spanish.
- Twelve (12) years’ experience working overseas within an Embassy environment. Previous and recent experience (within five (5) to seven (7) years) in Guatemala is required.
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate superior administrative and management skills. For example: Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Demonstrated ability to bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate superior communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information and ideas orally so others will understand.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrated ability in active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Demonstrated ability to communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated previous and recent experience (within five years) with INL and INL/A programs; preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a foreign assistance planning environment; preferred.
- At least five years of experience with Department of State; preferred.
- Demonstrated logistics Management skills; preferred.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Duties include assisting in supply chain management of components, parts, expendables, consumables, forecasting requirements and parts availability, supporting procurement actions for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and monitoring non-mission capable rates (due to supply shortages and maintenance scheduling). This contract should measure the logistics integration work plan, labor schedules, site-specific considerations, work requirements, milestones/timelines, and operational activities in support of the aviation program. Final decision making will be approved by Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA)
- Advises INL-G leadership in developing clear, accurate, and detailed requirements in order to ensure a smooth and successful integration of training, infrastructure renovation and logistics support systems. Final decision making will be approved by Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA).
- Advise INL interests and priorities when discussing the Guatemalan contracting efforts among the multiple stakeholders both internal and external to INL-G, the GOG and other stakeholders involved with, supported, or affected by aviation program within the INL-G programs. Final decision authority will be approved by Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA).
- •ssist with facilitating the flow of accurate and timely information among stakeholders, the INL Program Offices, and other Embassy and National stake holders.
- Assist program/project officers and designated contractor representatives on all technical matters that arise in the discussions on the development of logistics support aviation operations in Guatemala and the region.
- Advises on the potential impact of integration on technical requirements, including inspections, testing, inventories and acceptance procedures for training, infrastructure and logistics processes. Final report, decision, and approval will be made by the Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA).
- Based on SMEs expertise will recommend, when required, for deviations from approved plans, schedules, and scopes of work, and based on the status and progress of all parties involved. Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Based on SMEs expertise will assist with identifying and recommending solutions or corrective actions to resolve any issues that interfere with the logistics support to aviation program and with the completion of projects in support of INL-G programs goals and objectives (in accordance to agreed upon terms of reference in any Letter of Agreement or LOA). In those cases where problems cannot be resolved within the incumbent’s scope of authority, the incumbent is required to make recommendations to INL-G management on appropriate corrective actions. Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Assist with planning and conducts training of all levels of logistics management to INL-A and international aviation standards.
- Written report must be delivered to Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA) documenting advances previous to approval.
- Assist with quality assurance; resource forecasting (authorized stock lists, bench stock, serviceable and unserviceable parts and equipment) and support for GOG/INL-G procurement actions. Written report must be delivered to Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA) for approval.
- Advise GOG and Guatemalan Air Force (GAF) logisticians working in three or more sites in the following areas:
- Maintain Air Wing Information System standards in accordance with INL/A standards.
- Maintain stock levels to support mission capable rates for the assigned aircraft at all operating locations.
- Ensure all stored items are properly packaged and protected from damage/corrosion.
- Draft GOG Logistics Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Advisor will request for Deputy Director’s approval.
- Assist with ensuring requests for funds are properly documented and comply with GOG SOP and procurement processes.
- Solicit requests based on INL-G Maintenance SME and Senior Aviation Advisor’s guidance.
- Advise on conducting daily cash counts and assist on reconciling expenditures with receipts to ensure accurate fund balance.
- Report expenditures and submit to SME, SAA and FIAAT Director for UNESA accounting. Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA) will approve before final documents are submitted.
- Conduct systematic property accountability and warehouse inventories at all operating locations.
- Maintain accurate accountability for property. Serve as property book administrator for GOG Government furnished equipment.
- Report and adjust inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain safety and security in all warehouse facilities.
- Supervise shelf life management and hazardous material storage.
- Advise assigned logisticians to maintain stocks; conduct interchangeability and substitute item research; issue parts; complete data base entries; conduct inventories; process requests, receipts and shipments; comply with all logistics operating instructions and support plans.
- Report advances performed to the Deputy Director and/or Senior Aviation Advisor (SSA) for approval.
- Preserve, package and document materiel IAW MIL-STD-129P, MIL-STD-2073-1D, and GOG SOP for shipment to CONUS/ OCONUS and FOL sites.
- Maintain training requirements for hazardous materiel shipments. Palletize materiel, prepare load plans, and assist loading and unloading transport aircraft as required.
- Written status reports are required for updating the plans performance to the INL-G Deputy Director for review and final approval.
- Advise logisticians in complying with GOG procedures and INL/A logistics plans.
- Forecast logistics requirements for scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate with maintenance, quality control and operations to ensure compliance with mission requirements.
- Operate and maintain GSE as required. Advise procedures for all supplied vehicles.
- Coordinate with warehouse clerks to determine applicable data for database input.