Mechanical Engineer (Job Number:440890)
About the Position: SAIC is hiring a Mechanical Engineer for the Soldier Protection Lab Systems Engineering Development program. The Soldier Protection Lab (SPL) provides system-of-systems engineering and integration solutions that protect and mitigate hostile actions against military personnel, resources and facilities. The SPL integrates commercial off-the-shelf sensors including chemical and biological, acoustical, radar and other sensors that are used by both terrestrial and unmanned aerial systems to improve facility monitoring. The SPL's expertise in modeling, simulation, system integration and software engineering delivers systems and software to provide increased situational awareness, enhanced standoff and security posture and deterrence. As part of the Soldier Protection Lab you will be supporting the security and safety of the brave men and women serving our country
As a Mechanical Engineer, your duties and job expectations may include:
- Developing static and dynamic designs and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
- Designing, documenting, and modelling mechanical designs and solutions.
- Conducting feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directing support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Providing design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Directing and controlling the activities of a broad functional area through lower management levels, including interactions with multiple related departments.
- Developing budgets, schedules and performance standards. Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Interacting with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company.
- Conducting business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: We expect a successful candidate to have experience with SolidWorks, as well as a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience. Will also consider 9 years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Secret Security Clearance preferred, but candidate must at least be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2018, 4:36:01 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job