General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Application Developer to support development and maintenance of large enterprise information system.
1. On-the-job experience developing applications using Java. Must have strong technical and analytical skills in SOA and hands-on experience with system to system integration.
2. Must be able to work effectively with other developers to communicate and exchange design/implementation ideas to achieve integration goals.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience using Spring and Hibernate
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience using HTML, CSS, XML or other web technologies.
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with database development with SQL databases such as MySQL and Oracle.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working as full-time software developer, developing complex applications with large customer bases.
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience identifying engineering and technology risks with the potential to impact IT plans and developing plans to mitigate risks.
9. Demonstrated on-the-job experience IDEs (Integrated Development Environments) such as NetBeans or Eclipse
10. Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience maintaining and developing applications in the customer's organization.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience engineering complex J2EE applications to satisfy complex requirements.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience code deliver mechanisms such as Maven or Ant.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with code repositories such as Subversion or Git.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with IBM Maximo
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing in an Agile environment.
7. Unix/Linux experience.
8. PL/SQL experience a plus.
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.