Aeronautical Engineering Manager - SOF GLSS - FEM - Finite Element Modeling - ANSYS - NASTRAN
Job ID: 456948BR
Date posted: Oct. 15, 2018
Description:SOF GLSS, based out of Lexington, KY, the heart of the Bluegrass, is looking for an experienced AeroSciences Lead to support a high op-tempo operation and lead a technically diversified team of approximately 15 Aeronautical Engineers across multiple locations, to ensure mission success on
assigned responsibilities to include meeting project and program milestones, all while providing Aeronautical Engineering domain expertise
As SOF GLSS supports the customer with a quick turnaround of activities from the proposal through Task Order (TO) execution, the desired candidate will be responsible for daily execution of the below listed goals and objectives, in order to meet performance requirements of the SOF Fixed Wing (FW) Mission area, in a collaborative manner across all functions, to arrive at technical and non-technical solutions in support of overall Organization objectives and customer requirements.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to leading and mentoring the team in:
* developing computer-based analysis models to verify the structural, thermal, and aerodynamic performance of designs development by our internal and subcontracted engineering groups,
* working with the airworthiness authority to get airworthiness
certification of delivered products,
* responsibility for cost, schedule, and performance for all Fixed Wing Analysis activities to meet contract requirements,
* producing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for proposals,
* creating Schedules and Budget Plans,
* leading execution to the baseline plan,
* resolving resource conflicts
* manage and collaborate between task orders across technical areas so that on-time results
can be achieved with the Customer
As a Full Spectrum Leader, the candidate will emulate daily Lockheed Martin’s core values of Performing with Excellence, Treating Other with Dignity and Respect, and Do What is Right. Additionally, the individual, as a Leader will have responsibilities for overall employee performance management - timecard approvals, ensuring compliance training and appraisals are completed in a timely fashion,
day to day support to the personnel on site, long term manpower planning and hiring to
meet task order requirements.
Occasional travel is required to customer centric locations.
• Experience with a Finite Elementary Modeling (FEM)
creation using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar programs.
• Demonstrated leadership of an Engineering Team
• Skilled in presenting designs & analysis to customers to get approval that the design meets all structural, dynamic, thermal, and aerodynamic requirements.
•Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
•Demonstrated previous success working in a team
based environment to meet objectives
•Government report or thesis writing experience
•Experience leading a team
•Aircraft experience a plus including C-130, C-27,
MV-22 and CV-22
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS8806 MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Aeronautical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week