Configuration Manager, Expert (Job Number:441015)
Configuration Manager (Expert)
Overall Assignment Description:
Expert Configuration Managers guide configuration management (CM) and engineering teams in the definition and performance of CM tasks and in the execution of configuration control, engineering and governance boards and forums activity to baseline, analyze, update, and maintain the technical baseline in support of inter-operability, integration of IT services/systems, and IT governance for NGA and the NSG.
- Oversee Quality Assurance of all Requests for Change (RFCs) and similar change documents at all stages of the system and software development cycle.
- Lead the development and maintenance of baselines and configuration control procedures.
- Conduct change and configuration management at the enterprise, program, project and segment levels for systems, services, and capabilities developed using traditional and agile methods.
- Identify and implement opportunities in terms of process and tools to execute CM in a more agile and efficient manner.
- Lead and support configuration change tracking and documentation control to include, but not limited to concepts of operation (CONOPS), requirements identification and documentation, architecture artifacts, preliminary and detailed system definition, systems and applications interfaces (point-to- point and APIs), system design review, performance monitoring tools and production software.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level configuration managers and engineers performing CM tasks.
- Provide continuous coordination of progress on actions, tasking, and issues being worked by the Configuration Management Team.
- Serve as the CM authority for reviewing software code deliveries and managing code libraries.
- Assist the government to validate and certify system configuration changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Expert working experience in Configuration and Change Management field of work.
- 13-20 years experience
- Previous working experience in government or industry, within configuration management.
- Experience maintaining baseline and CMDB using platforms such as Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Previous work experience on maintaining the baseline for efforts using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Previous work experience using ITIL v3.
- Previous experience maintaining the baseline for cloud-based systems.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2018, 8:16:58 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job