full-time employee contract
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Engineering Team Lead in the Herndon, Virginia area. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Functions as an engineering team lead to include network, infrastructure and systems support across a wide variety of programs, acquisitions, and environments.
• Manages site buildout requirements for IT as related to secure spaces (AV, cabling, data center power, data center cooling)
• Establish priorities and tasks for engineering team members.
• Provide weekly reports on accomplishments
• Create operational and engineering procedures, processes and policies for ensuring team goals are met and measured.
• Understands and measures capacity of all environments managed.
• Manages license renewals and server refresh activities.
• Lead weekly team meetings to best understand progress being made on project activities.
• Provide senior technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to staff to meet business needs.
• Perform hands on support as required to meet task objectives.
• Build, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and software as required.
• Plan, assess and implement technical projects. Actions include requirements definition, planning, scheduling, creating bill of materials, estimating, implementation and testing.
• Establish and maintain all system documentation.
• Responsible for all systems inventories.
• Adhere to corporate operating procedures.
• Establishes continual process improvements for streamlining operations.
• Initiate and plan preventive maintenance schedules.
• Conduct performance monitoring and tuning.
• Manages resources for coverage of critical equipment and coordinates where applicable.
• Manages data center support maintenance and operational activities.
• 8+ years of infrastructure engineering experience
• 4+ years of experience managing personnel (network and systems engineers)
• 4+ years of hands on experience with VMWare, vCloud Director, Windows Server and Desktop operating systems in production environments.
• 5+ years with sole responsibility for managing projects and successful outcomes.
• 2+ years networking experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Visio.
• Capable of communications with VP/Director level personnel on project status and execution
• Experience with server, desktop, mobile, and printing technologies.
• Hands on experience with Unix and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, Redhat)
• Expert level experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking protocols, network devices and firewalls.
• Knowledge of data center operations to include rack/stack, cabling, power and cooling.
• Experience authoring design documents and operations documents.
• Experience developing administrative and management approaches for deployed systems and products.
• Deep understanding of system architecture and deployment methodologies.
• Understanding of DoD and or National Agency IA security policies, controls, and documentation
Optional Skills and Certifications:
• Project Management Professional (PMP)Certification
• Microsoft certification
• ITIL certification
• Understanding of virtualization technologies to include: VMware and Citrix.
• Experience with Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager (CUPM)
• Understanding of storage technologies and protocols
• Experience with video conferencing systems (VTC systems, MCUs and bridges and associated technologies).
• Public Cloud experience managing Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
• Experience with special compartmentalized information facility buildouts
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Security clearance a plus.