Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions, and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
We are looking for an experienced Data Manager to oversee the development and use of data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures, ensuring that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
Formulates management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data. Devises and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects. Works with a variety of tools used in current industry to manage DevOPS development strategies and help develop innovative ways to employ new tools into development environments for data management.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management
* Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
* Devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
* Manage all incoming data files.
* Review data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results.
* Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
* Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
* Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
* Maintain databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity.
* Provide appropriate access to essential data sets.
* Streamline data collection and analysis procedures to ensure fast access to metrics.
* Communicate with stakeholders about data changes or requirements.
* Generate and review documentation for all database changes or refinements.
* Make recommendations for software, hardware and data storage upgrades
* Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
* Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
* Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Proven experience as data manager, in a DevOps environment
* Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
* Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
* An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Demonstrated mastery of configuration management concepts
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new/innovative solutions
* Ability to script in Windows, Python, etc.
* Proficiency in branching strategies and Implementation
* Technical procedure development
Bachelor's degree with 8 years overall experience is strongly preferred. BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field. At least 6 years of experience working in configuration management, database administration or related engineering discipline.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
** U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. **
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.