Document Control Specialist (Job Number:441054)
The Document Control Specialist position collects, maintains and distributes all documents necessary to define the business of the enterprise; develops and maintains a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents to be retained; manage documents to ensure revisions of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for managing documents while also ensuring their accuracy, quality and integrity. Help customer adhere to record retention policies, safeguard information and retrieve data more effectively.
- Provide quality systems support on the use, administration, and configuration of the Electronic Document Management System and Learning Management System.
- Develop or assist during development, review, and approval of department or system specific SOP(s) using the Electronic Document Management System.
- Responsible for the management and/or tracking of operational documentation including but not limited to SOP(s), validation documents, specification documents, development documents, reports etc.
- Ensure that the Document Control Registry is maintained and all documents are labelled and coded for storage.
- Collect and maintain files of the latest revision level documentation.
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
- Define processes to maintain and manage documents throughout its lifecycle
- Perform clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of related experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Solid knowledge of document control work processes and utilization of electronic systems for document management, as well as corporate procedures related to document management.
- Knowledge of database search and retrieval principles.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Professional/DC, and Visio.
- Sound understanding of SharePoint tool is a must.
- Ability to perform with little or no supervision, excellent written and oral communication skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and company policies and procedures are required.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2018, 10:21:45 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job