Storage Administrator - Lead (Job Number:441040)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will provide technical leadership and data storage systems engineering management. This role will be responsible for data storage operations , maintenance planning to provide secure, scalable, cost effective data storage solutions that assure the availability of mission critical business, research and program information and that promotes productivity through increased maintenance uptime, increased business value via cost management, and effective life- cycle maintenance and replacement strategies.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient and effective Enterprise Data Storage Support ( SAN; NAS; VSAN and Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) storage architecture); backup and recovery.
- Preferred experience with planning and implementing Data at Rest Encryption, and management of encryption keys
- Provide maintenance and repair of enterprise data storage solutions to maximize data availability, integrity, security, and storage capacity scalability.
- Provide efficient performance monitoring of data storage components issuing timely and accurate notification of data storage outages.
- Support shall include managing and monitoring Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and related enterprise data storage solutions located in Data Centers.
- Provide after-hours monitoring and timely problem resolution commensurate with the mission criticality of the affected data and related system(s).
- Develop and implement the policies and standard operating procedures for creating a copy of active data (both structured and unstructured) to ensure against its accidental loss.
- Support, maintain, and enhance as required, established strategies for enterprise data storage operations to ensure continuity of business operations and timely recovery in the event of disaster.
- Collect, store, and analyze data relevant to perform and report accurate root causal analysis of all related issues and support trend analysis and forecasting for data storage.
- Effectively manage the procurement and maintenance of all supplies, materials, and supporting software licenses and service agreements required to ensure supported data storage solutions meet minimum performance and availability requirements.
- Ensure effective change management of all supported data storage solutions to establish and maintain consistency of their performance, security, and functional and physical attributes with approved requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for operation, maintenance, and repair of supported data storage solutions.
- Ensure all data storage-related data and documentation is added to and maintained current Knowledge Database and Document Library to provide efficient access to a complete and current source of operationally relevant structured and unstructured data.
- Provide planning, development, implementation, and administration of enterprise-level systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of data.
- Cisco Systems, Nexus
- SAN and NAS management tools ( EMC , NetApp )
- Performance Management
- Requirements Development
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) storage architecture
- Systems Architecture
- Optical Communications Networks
- Network Systems Architecture
- Communication Systems
- Cisco Systems
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as Systems Engineer – Storage
- Eight to Ten Years of Experience in Team Leadership
- Public Trust L5 Security Clearable
- Five Years of Experience providing formal documentation and Briefings
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science in Systems Engineering
- Graduate Degree in Systems Engineering
- Experience with or knowledge of HHS EPLC
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2018, 11:31:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job