Tools Engineer-Sr (Job Number:441074)
Tools Developer/Maintainer (Senior-level)
Overall Assignment Description:
- Senior-level Tools Developers/Maintainers develop and maintain tools, technology, and software for executing Systems Engineering and Integration activities in a more agile and efficient manner. This includes forecasting future technology and developing tools in support of systems engineering processes. These tool(s) will be hosted in both cloud and on-prem environments.
- Identify applications that can support the exploitation of data and databases.
- Assess what is required to integrate a particular tool into the NGA IT environments.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation to include compliance documentation.
- Plan and executes the migration of the various engineering tools into the cloud per NGA policy and government guidance.
- Follow established processes and completes the appropriate documentation to ensure systems and applications migrated into the cloud achieve ATO.
- Maintain the Enterprise Engineering Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) in C2S or similar cloud-based environment.
- Provide cloud hosting cost estimates for planning purposed and monitor burn rates using the cloud estimation tools approved by the Government.
- Provide expertise in the implementation, integration, and maintenance of tools to include ServiceNow, DOORS Next Gen, MS Project, Cameo, Riverbed, NetScout, Dynatrace, MagicDraw, Syndeia, and Rational System Architect, to ensure data sharing and process automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific fields such as operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Mid-level work experience in analysis, design, and development of tools and software solutions. Desired:
- Previous working experience in government or industry implementing, integrating, and maintaining tools such as ServiceNow, DOORS Next Gen, MS Project, Cameo, Riverbed, NetScout, Dynatrace, MagicDraw, Syndeia, Rational System Architect, etc.
- Experience with query tools, such as Cognos, SQL (Oracle,Microsoft).
- Experience configuring, managing, and maintaining the operation of complex relational databases.
- Experience building web-based applications and dashboards.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2018, 6:16:17 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-MO-ST. LOUIS